Older Porsche Parts?

My 1967 912 came out of storage and it needs cosmetic work.

1) The dash vinyl is badly cracked. Can I get it renovated without buying a new dash panel? I understand the windshield has to come out. Do the windshields tend to shatter when they're removed, and how much would a new windshield cost?

2)All of the chrome--wheels, window trim, etc.--is badly corroded and pitted. Polishing help a little, but it still looks dull and pitted. How much does re-plating cost?

3)Where is a good place online to buy replacement parts like tail light lenses, fog lights and so forth?

Thanks!

Reply to
gibberdill

The windshield does NOT have to come out! There are a few clips under the dash (IIRC, these are accessable fron the front compartment). New dash vinyl is available at Tweeks, etc.

Try Tweeks.

Reply to
Orval Fairbairn

Cheers,

adam

Reply to
Adam Schwartz

I just got another catalog in the mail from Mid America Motorworks

They have the dash panel for $900.

Reply to
Orval Fairbairn

  • Reply by Jack D. Russell, Sr.
  • Newsgroup: alt.autos.porsche
  • Reply to: All; "Orval Fairbairn"

  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 23:15:33 GMT

OF>> Try Tweeks.

OF> I just got another catalog in the mail from Mid America OF> Motorworks OF>

OF> They have the dash panel for $900.

...and when you click on the Porsche link from the MAMW home page, it sends you right to...................Tweeks.;)

Reply to
Jack D. Russell, Sr.