por$che, the most profitable car co.

porsche is the most profitable car co in the world. (feel free to research it somewhere, but i read it in past news)

how does that feel to porsche owners?

do you feel you're paying a high premium that goes to porsche's bank at your expense - and consequentially, do you somewhat despise the co. for that reason?

Reply to
Lawrence Lugar

Great point! Next time I buy a car I'll be sure to pick an inferior one built by a company that doesn't have the business sense to make a profit. That'll teach 'em!

Reply to
wtrplnet

It would be easy to resent all sorts of things from all sorts of manufacturers, the industry as a whole, the oil companies, etc., etc. Why not publish a magazine that explores this sort of topic? You could gripe about the fact that Chevy dealers make it impossible to buy a Z06 at sticker. You could explore the paradox that, very often, the more a car costs, the less fuel efficiency it offers. You could bemoan the fact that there's no electric super-car. It could be one gripe after another.

The "letters to the editor" section could all be positives, instead of gripes.

Fun!

Reply to
DST

It's pretty common knowledge that Porsche is the most profitable car company on the planet. In fact, Left Lane News recently reported that they make about $20,000/car. The truth is, it's not up to customers to determine what a fair profit is. If you feel you're not getting value for money, you're free to spend your money elsewhere. But what are your options? To compare to most of the 911 family, you're looking at Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Aston Martin. These companies regularly charged MORE than Porsche for competitive vehicles, and yet made so little money that they were swallowed by larger car companies (FIAT, VW, and Ford) respectively. Conversely, Porsche is now financially powerful enough to buy a controlling interest in a company much larger (VW). From an ownership perspective, Astons, Ferraris, and Lamborghinis cost more than Porsches to purchase and maintain, and have smaller support networks (fewer dealers, service centers, parts sellers, and mechanics), and regularly lose to the Porsche 911 variants in road test comparisons. So which is really better or smarter? To spend $80k on a 911 and spend maybe $4000 over the next 4 years/60k miles? Or spend $160k on a Ferrari 430 and spend $20k on maintenance to cover 20k miles, happy in the knowledge they *still* didn't make a dime on it? epbrown

Reply to
E Brown

May I suggest a Ford

'The company made a net loss of $800m (£554m) in the first three months of this year, its fourth quarterly loss in a row and a huge slide from the first quarter of 2001, which had returned a profit of $1.06bn. 'I will not be following you!

: Great point! Next time I buy a car I'll be sure to pick an inferior one : built by a company that doesn't have the business sense to make a profit. : That'll teach 'em!

too late, Delorean no longer makes automobiles.

Reply to
Low Life #3