Porsche 944 radiator help

HI, I have 1984 Porsche 944, but it has some strange problems. You have to unplug the radiator when you are not driving the car, or else it keeps running. If I keep it on the battery dies, I need help with this. I assume its electrical but I dont know anything about cars. Thanks for the help.

Reply to
JR77

"JR77" wrote: > HI, I have 1984 Porsche 944, but it has some strange problems. > You have to unplug the radiator when you are not driving the > car, or else it keeps running. If I keep it on the battery > dies, I need help with this. I assume its electrical but I > dont know anything about cars. Thanks for the help.

JR77,

I have a 1984 944 and have had similar problems. I resolved my issue by replacing the thermal switch mounted in the radiator just below the upper radiator hose.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Bob

Reply to
Gliders1

Same here. My thermal switch went and found the problem by hooking up jumper cables and hearing the fan come on instantly. When I parked it, I didn't realize the fan never shut off. It's a real easy fix. Wish all of my auto troubles were that easy. Best of luck.

Reply to
Fred Aston