Porsche 944 S2 convertible with Corvette V8

Carscoop

As we were looking around to shop for a Porsche 944 S2, we stumbled upon this modified version of the convertible on eBay

which has had its original 3.0-liter 4-cylinder engine that delivers 211PS replaced with a Corvette-sourced, LT-1 5.7-liter V8 allegedly rated at 350HP. We've no idea what else has been changed on the car and if the end-result is satisfactory in terms of performance and handling, but we do know that Porsche's engineers designed the 944 S2 Convertible to cope with a specific output.

Plus, and even though the seller did spend money for the conversion, the 'Buy it Now Price' of $19,995, isn't what we'd call a deal for a car that has ceased to be original.

Reply to
Dave U. Random