Porsche 996 Carrera 4 06/99 and Tiptronic

Anybody has that Porsche with Tiptronic to know if works well and are there problems about it. I'm interested to buy that car and I wish avoid to make a great and however expansive mistake ( about 38.000 euros).

Thanks Enrico B. from Italy

Reply to
Enrico B.

what do you mean in your post's tile 06/99??

anyways, what color combo are you seeking? coupe or cab? twisty wheels?

Reply to
Lawrence Lugar

If I understand your posting, you are looking at a 996 Carrera 4, manufactured in June, 1999.

Should that be the case, then this is one of the early 996 cars and is an early version of the Tiptronic transmission. There have not been a lot of problems with that transmission; however, both the hardware and the software have been improved in the newer cars.

Drive the car, if the performance with the Tiptronic is up to your expectations, then it's OK; however, I would also suggest that you drive a similar car with the 6 speed manual...if you can drive a manual transmission with clutch. Compare the performance and buy what works for you.

Also...before any preowned or used Porsche purchase, have an experienced technician/mechanic inspect the car and make sure that everything is working properly. Replacement parts and labor can be very expensive.

Good luck and regards from Texas

Reply to
Guru

Excellent advise. But, you have me curious. How did you know it was manufactured in June, 1999?

RCE

Reply to
RCE

Subject: snip 996 Carrera 4 06/99 and Tiptronic 6th month of 99?

Reply to
Low Life #3

Heh. Thanks. Guess I should read the header subjects more carefully.

RCE

Reply to
RCE

That's right

I did it today and I liked Tiptonic very much also if is not the same as manual, but I love automatic

Really I could'nt because the car is far from my city but it has just passed an official Porsche control so I suppose all should ok.

Thanks. Ciao from Italy

Reply to
Enrico B.