QUESTION: where's the early 944 A/C low pressure port?

Hi,

I went to service my AC the other day, and I could not find the low pressure port on teh early 944 (i have a 1984 944). It is different from the later 944's that i've seen. On the late 944's the low side port is near the driver's side shock tower. On mine, it is no where to be found. I found the high pressure port behind he driver's headlight near the drier receiver.

Anyone know where the low side is and how to access it? Anything i must buy for conversion other than the usual (i saw that there is a 90 degree elbow, do i need this?)

Thanks.

Reply to
jonb55198

** Posted from
**
Reply to
William Noble

Hi,

thanks for the reply. Do i have to buy the 90 degree fitting shown here:

will it work just fine by placing the R134A adapater on theexisting fitting? My worry is that this guy that posted was worriedabout it not clearning the bracket that holds the compressor.

-Jon

Reply to
jonb55198

I was able to just screw the adapter on to my 85.5, and also on an 86 - these have the "old style" connectors - so I would try the simple approach first.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
William Noble