Re: 3 Year Old Boxter S - Blown Engine

Why not the 944S did it all the time, pulled many with 20,000 or less miles This was on the first year out not sure if they ever fixed the problem or just quit building them

Now way a porsche engine can destruct like that! Ask Devils924 ! > > > > A friend of mine bought a second-hand Porsche Boxter S a week-and-a-half > > ago. It only has 20,000 miles on the clock, and the mileage and service > > history had been verified by a Porsche dealer, who had serviced it a few > > thousand miles ago. It is just over 3 years old. > > > > Last night, after a spin round the block, there was an awful metallic > sound > > from the engine, and then it started spewing oil everywhere. It looks as > > though the engine has blown, which is gob-smacking on a 3-year-old, 20,000 > > mile car. Does anyone know if this is something that would be covered by > > Porsche, or is my friend stuffed? > > > > Andy > > > > > >
Reply to
Dave

I would sell the car for what I could,a rebuilt engine is nothing but problems. A new engine is like buying another car. Go to this site. Its a free car advertisement,and get some money for the car;

Tru 2Dis

Run, don't walk to the nearest Porsche dealer...There are Boxster and

996 engine failures that Porsche is replacing for free. Especially on a low mileage Boxster S, there should be no problem for them to swap the motor for your friend. And it may actually be under warranty...It's excellent that the service history can be verified...The ONLY reason they may not replace it free is if they download the computer data (and they will) and see that he has been bouncing it off the rev limiter constantly for 2 weeks. As long as he has not abused the car, Porsche will replace the motor.

JR

Reply to
JR

Please go away with this spam. That is totally horrible advise. If this person can get the car fixed for free why should he sell the car via your dumb site.

Sorry. I am not usually one to flame like this, but.. whatever...

-A

Reply to
Adam Schwartz

Id' agree with that - my boxter has just had it's 48k mile service - at 30k the vario cams just went - It was just outside warranty but porsche still picked up the tab.

If your friend has not abused the car he will (in my expreience) get a new engine.

Good luck.

Reply to
KP

If only it were true.... Porsche will find any excuse to avoid responsibility and once it's out of warranty they will not lift a finger. There are many Boxster and even 996 owners left high and dry, not to mention well over a 100 968 owners who paid up to $3,000 to have pinion bearings replaced. (It was an manufacturing fault, but Porsche won't admit it.)

This guy set up a badboxster.com website after his engine blew,

they made him take it down and hand them the domain name by threatening him with legal action for using their trademark. The management stinks.

It's now under new domain:

Martin

Reply to
Martin²

Reply to
tecwhiz

What about we hear from the original poster... this thread has been going on for a while. I am really interested to know what happened.

As for the

story... I am sorry - I dont really feel bad for the guy. I think its crappy that Porsche sorta treated him badly. BUT I do think its unrealistic to expect them to pay for the new engine. The car was a private sale.. who knows what the previous owner did. Maybe nothing.. Maybe beat on it all day. cheers,

Adam

Reply to
Adam Schwartz

IT'S A PORSCHE !!!!!! Remember their made to be ran hard, the old 911's and turbo's were road harder then a boxster could ever see and they didn't fall apart. I know of a guy that had a 911 turbo brand new installed a dial-a-bust and ran the shit out of it, brought it in covered in mud and a blown engine. The dealer detailed it, called the Porsche rep out and Porsche gave him another engine.

This is true I worked for the dealer this guy had bought around 4 Porsche's in the past 2 years and had ordered a

959 for racing, I think that's the correct name 225mph in 4 sec. in 87 it sold only to racing teams for $140,000. US wouldn't allow it to be street driven Porsche does help people that are repeat customers and I think it's a crime for them to say you ran it to hard. this is only my opinion
Reply to
Dave

Now I understand why Porsches cost so much -- because Porsche dealers are morons.

Reply to
Brad

Reply to
jiunichi.tasiro