Re: Car lifts for you garage

Thanks for the info Jim, I have been looking at different manufactures and styles. Mohawk as a nice lift, professional 2 post for the cost of some of these china models

Is yours a usa made unit? I will look at it since your please with yours Dave

Hi Dave, > > I installed a lift in my shop in March. Its an Autolift 2 post 10 ton lift. > Free shipping from > California, etc. I bought a Bendpak MX-10AC from
> > There are some things you want to be aware of. The Bendpak makes an > asymetrical 2 post unit that > allows you to drive the car into the lift position, and actually be able to > open the car door to exit/enter > the car. Yep, that is a real consideration. 2 guys I know that have the > more conventional lifts, end up > pushing their car the last 2-3 feet. I installed the entire thing myself, > and would highly recommend 1-2 > helpers. It was a little dangerous doing it by myself. You will want to rent > a Milwaukee Hammer Drill > to set the concrete anchor bolts. > > I picked a 2 post model because a 4 post is very limiting in what you can > actually get to. Forget about > any wheel/brake/axle work. The 2 post is cooler, I can raise the car (911) > up, loosen the engine mounts, > put a wheeled dolly under the engine, raise the car and slide the > engine/tranny out. I adjusted valves on > another 911 and adjusted the upper and lower clearances, and kept on my feet > the whole time. > With the detented locking, there will be no problem to store a over a > second car. Im very pleased with > the Bendpak. I had a missing part, and they overnighted the part straight > through. The 4 post units are > great for changing oil. > >

Jim

Reply to
Dave