Re: Don't believe Corvette owners lies about supposed fuel economy

> :>They'll lie and tell people that Corvettes get 28 MPG, when the truth > :>is that the C6 ZO6 gets 24 MPG, the C6 Auto Coupe gets 25 mpg, and the > :>C6 Manual gets 26 MPG. > > Husband and I averaged 29mpg last summer on a trip from Maryland to Rhode > Island. =A0 > > When the Corvette has so many other things to brag about, why would anyone= > lie about the gas mileage? =A0 > > -------- > > On 21 Apr 2008 17:09:52 -0700, Jose Gaspar in > > Message-ID: wrote: > > :> you never got above an E-5... =A0I did that in a little over one year i=

n the Army...

Oh please, that's nothing to brag about. The 2006 Honda Insight is rated @ 45 City and 48 Highway, but with proper driving it gets 121.7 MPG.

With a few inexpensive mods, it gets 180+ MPG. Corvettes require $3.75 premium gas while other cars can use $3.53 gas so FUEL CENTS PER MILE is a far better way to judge economy. My car weighs almost exactly the same as a Corvette and has a Turbo but it only gets 35 MPG @ 60 MPG, 40 MPG @ 42 MPH, and 45 MPG @ 38 MPH on perfectly flat highways, and I think those numbers are PATHETIC with today's gas prices. Anything that gets less tha 40 MPG @ 85 MPH is a dinosaur as far as I'm concerned. You're OUT OF YOUR MIND if you think Corvettes get good fuel economy by any stretch of the imagination. Even a GAS GUZZLER like the 2008 Porsche GT2 gets 25 MPG highway, while the Corvette ZO6 gets 24 MPG according to the EPA.

Sal

Other then your bicycle, exactly what would you know about proper driving?

Reply to
Zomby-Woof

:>On Apr 22, 12:52 am, Sarah Czepiel wrote: :>> On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 19:20:57 -0700 (PDT), Sal :>> wrote: :>>

:>> :>They'll lie and tell people that Corvettes get 28 MPG, when the truth :>> :>is that the C6 ZO6 gets 24 MPG, the C6 Auto Coupe gets 25 mpg, and the :>> :>C6 Manual gets 26 MPG. :>>

:>> Husband and I averaged 29mpg last summer on a trip from Maryland to Rhode :>> Island.   :>>

:>> When the Corvette has so many other things to brag about, why would anyone :>> lie about the gas mileage?   :>>

:>> -------- : :>

:>Oh please, that's nothing to brag about.

You're a slow learner, Sal. I've already told you no one here is bragging. We're merely comparing gas mileage on the Corvettes.

:>The 2006 Honda Insight is rated @ 45 City and 48 Highway, but with proper driving it gets 121.7 :>MPG.

I don't care about any Honda. That's why I'm reading this in alt.autos.corvette. You're the thread's OP and so far you've taken this lie/troll to alt.autos.nissan,and alt.autos.porsche as well.

:>With a few inexpensive mods, it gets 180+ MPG. :>Corvettes require $3.75 premium gas while other cars can use $3.53 gas :>so FUEL CENTS PER MILE is a far better way to judge economy.

If you had a clue you'd know Corvette owner rarely if ever worry about fuel economy. For the same reason we're not going to flinch at the cost of replacement tires. It goes with the territory.

Whatever you drive I hope you're happy. I'm happy for you. Do me the courtesy of the same, Sal.

Regards, Sarah

Reply to
Sarah Czepiel

Corvette's gas mileage is impressive - when compared with it's performance stats, and it's competitor's

Oh please, that's nothing to brag about. The 2006 Honda Insight is rated @ 45 City and 48 Highway, but with proper driving it gets 121.7 MPG.

With a few inexpensive mods, it gets 180+ MPG. Corvettes require $3.75 premium gas while other cars can use $3.53 gas so FUEL CENTS PER MILE is a far better way to judge economy. My car weighs almost exactly the same as a Corvette and has a Turbo but it only gets 35 MPG @ 60 MPG, 40 MPG @ 42 MPH, and 45 MPG @ 38 MPH on perfectly flat highways, and I think those numbers are PATHETIC with today's gas prices. Anything that gets less tha 40 MPG @ 85 MPH is a dinosaur as far as I'm concerned. You're OUT OF YOUR MIND if you think Corvettes get good fuel economy by any stretch of the imagination. Even a GAS GUZZLER like the 2008 Porsche GT2 gets 25 MPG highway, while the Corvette ZO6 gets 24 MPG according to the EPA.

Lawrence

:>Oh please, that's nothing to brag about.

Again, no one is bragging. We are comparing what our Corvettes are getting for mileage.

:>The 2006 Honda Insight

Has nothing to do with our Corvettes.

:>Corvettes require $3.75 premium gas while other cars can use $3.53 gas

Corvettes do not REQUIRE premium gas, Lawrence. Don't you get tired of always being wrong and always trolling the wrong newsgroup, ie: aac?

:>so FUEL CENTS PER MILE is a far better way to judge economy. My car

What car is that Lawrence? You've been asked at least a dozen times and you'll never tell anyone what car you actually have.

I'm betting it's a cute little VW Beetle complete with bud vase.

< Snip whiny Lawrence Luger crap.....>

Go away Lawrence. You're like a case of herpes. No one wants you but once you've shown up you're impossible to ever get rid of....

Reply to
Sarah Czepiel