Re: Model Choice

The rule of thumb is to buy the newest model you can afford. They constantly made improvements from year to year. For example, the venting and airflow of the newer models is 100% better than in the early models. They added more oil capacity a better air intake, etc...The early models also have a definitely dated interior. That being said, I found the early interiors to be more sturdy than the newer ones. I own the last of the line now, the S2 and it is a great machine. As for differences :

Good luck.

I am so close to getting a 944, I've got about money saved up and just need > to find the right car. I was looking for a 83-84, but have the chance to > get a nice 86 for $3500. Is the 86 a big step up from a 83-84 with the newer > dash? I did drive both and liked the way both of them looked and performed, > but obviously I want to buy the best I can afford. The older car felt like > it had more low rpm torque, but I didnt let the 86 out as the guy was with > me. Is there a website that can show me the changes and upgrades between > the two cars. Is it worth it to spend a few extra bucks and buy an 85.5 or > newer over the early 944s? thanks for the help. > > >
Reply to
Devils944

get the 86..

Ross wrote: