Re: Porsche Boxsters California smog legal?

I'm looking to buy a Boxster from another state, but I have to be sure it'll

> pass California smog check. Are all Boxsters 50 state emissions, or are > there Californai vs. 49 state versions? > > Thanks! > > -Admiral > >
Reply to
Devils944

Thank you!! Just what I wanted to hear!!

BTW, I was afraid it would happen, and it did. I was all set to buy a Boxster... until I tested the Boxster S.

DAMMIT!! More $$ I have to spend now!!!!

-Admiral

Reply to
Admiral

My '02 Boxster, bought in the KC Mo area, when I query the ECU, reports the OBD2 STATUS to be CA, which means the vehicle meets CA OBD II requirements.

But I don't know if all the required engine compartment stickers are in place and even though the engine controller meets the CA requirements, the car may not pass emissions check because the visual part of the inspection fails to turn up the CA stickers.

I'd be very careful and make the car's passing the CA emissions testing a condition of the sale. No pass, no sale!

Sincerely,

MarcW.

Admiral wrote:

Reply to
Marc Warden

Thanks everyone! Last night I found the PERFECT Boxster ('03 Boxster S, triple black, xenon, heated seats, bose, etc...), and it was in California! And only 1600 miles, too!

-Admiral

Reply to
Admiral