Sorry GT, bye bye Enzo...

The next Miura is coming!

Reply to
John Doe II

Kind of overstating things. Lambo has made a concept car made up as a retro version of the Miura, but I don't see it as something likely to see production. epbrown

--

2003 BMW 325i Black/Black 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black
Reply to

:>The next Miura is coming! :>

: Kind of overstating things. Lambo has made a concept car made up as : a retro version of the Miura, but I don't see it as something likely : to see production. : epbrown

Besides... a Lambo is really just a VW on steroids these days... Ferrari is a Fiat underneath it all... same with Alpha and Lancia (if Fiat still runs thier assembly lines in Europe at all).

Porsche is the last of the independents...

Reply to
Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Well, if someone gave me a 328 to drive around, I'd chuck the motorcycles (no, not the 993) out of the garage to make room. Post haste.

-- DS

95 993 Coupe
Reply to
The Dead Senator

Unlike Porsche (cough, cough, Cayenne) ;-)

Reply to
alordofchaos

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote: : Chicago Paddling-Fishing wrote: :> E Brown wrote: :> : On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 22:03:06 -0800, "John Doe II" :> : wrote: :> :>The next Miura is coming! :> :>

:> : Kind of overstating things. Lambo has made a concept car made up as :> : a retro version of the Miura, but I don't see it as something likely :> : to see production. :> : epbrown :>

:> Besides... a Lambo is really just a VW on steroids these days...

: Unlike Porsche (cough, cough, Cayenne) ;-)

Well, we won't mention the 356, 911 or 924/944/968 series I suppose...

I guess the only Porsche without a VW begining is the Boxster???

Reply to
Chicago Paddling-Fishing

"Chicago Paddling-Fishing" wrote

Ahh, but the Boxster is a curvaceous 914, isn't it?

FloydR (Boxster owner)

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

928, I think was it's own design, thank you.

Bernard

Reply to
Bernard Farquart

:> :>

:> :> Besides... a Lambo is really just a VW on steroids these days... :>

:> : Unlike Porsche (cough, cough, Cayenne) ;-) :>

:> Well, we won't mention the 356, 911 or 924/944/968 series I suppose... :>

:> I guess the only Porsche without a VW begining is the Boxster???

: 928, I think was it's own design, thank you.

Well... not if you go with the notion that the 944 motor is half a 928 motor, since the 944 motor replaced the 924's motor which was based on VW's LT motor...

The VW version of the Kevin Bacon rule would apply to the 928...

Reply to
Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Not really. The 944 engine was developed *from* the 928 motor, which was all original and had nothing to do with the VW/Audi project the 924 came from. Though the 924 hit the market first, the 928 was developed first (1971 or so, I think). Design and hardware flowed from the 928 downstream, not up from the 924/944/968. epbrown