sort of recent (98-03) 911 choice?

Hi group,

I'm getting a new car in a few months, and a Carrera has been near the top of my list the whole time. I've sadly decided that two things will keep an '07 911 out of my garage for now: price and practicality .I can't justify having a little sports car as my main car, as I sometimes need to ferry family around, and I frequently drive in NYC. As my second car has

180000 miles on it, those factors might become important any day.

So I sort of gave up on them and have been looking at some nice sedans.

My girlfriend is generally cheap and anti-fun as far as vehicles go. But she had a great idea when we saw a '99 911 C2 that was traded in at another dealership - why not get a nicely used Porsche for car #2 and put off the new one until '08?

I've thought and thought and can't think of why it's a bad idea. Can any of you? Are there any problems/perks with any of the cars from the past 4-9 years that should steer me towards/away from any of them?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

KK

I am the proud and satisfied owner of a 2003 911 Carrera Cabriolet. I would not trade it for anything else, regardless of make. I drive it every single day without any complaints.

Reply to
HHC

I recently bought a used '01 911 Carrera coupe, and have been very pleased with it. As with all modern cars, there are many gizmos that can go wrong. For example, it stranded me one day when the switch preventing starting without the clutch in went bad. If you get one, be prepared for high service costs.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Morgan

Thanks for the input, guys. I signed for my '99 Carrera coupe yesterday. Can't wait to pick it up.

Reply to
KK