Storage Space on Cayman

I know the boxster and 911 have minimal storage space for luggage when traveling, but how is the Cayman. What sizes of suitcases can fit in the front and back area.

Thanx

Reply to
jerry

wrote

I don't know what your definition of "minimal" is, but our Boxster has plenty of room for luggage for two people for a trip of a week or so. I don't think the Cayman has a whole lot more, although it probably would take an additional large flat suitcase above the engine (where the top stores in the Boxster.)

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

I just got back from a 3 week (4000 mile) trip and we had enough room for luggage. I put a duffel in the back (behind the motor) and there was enough room for shoes and dirty clothes bag back there as well. I had a hanging bag (hooked to the back of the passenger seat) laid out on the engine cover. I also had the toiletries bag and laptop behind the drivers seat (on the engine cover) along with more dirty clothes during parts of the drive. I made sure I could see out the back. In the front we had two carry on luggage cases and a back pack. We did have to do laundry a couple times during the trip, somehow it seemed to have more room when the clothes were clean. The only down side is that there is an engine behind the front seats (so you can not lay the seats back very far unless you were willing to give up leg space) and when my wife was driving I could not find a comfortable spot to sleep. It is no Minivan but then again I found that a plus most of the time.

Puffer

Reply to
Puffer Bradley

Does the engine cover get warm?

Reply to
Chicago Paddling-Fishing

I did not notice so I am assuming that it did not get overly warm. The AC kept everything in the car cool and to be honest I never had it on MAX nor did I have the fan on any higher than half way during the trip. I live in Houston and I have not noticed heat coming from the engine cover in day to day driving during 95 degree afternoons on my run home from work.

Puffer

Reply to
Puffer Bradley

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 13:36:24 -0500, Puffer Bradley wrote (in article ):

If it stays cool in Houston in the summer, it will stay cool in most places

Reply to
J666