t-belt & water pump replacement

Ok thanks for being patient with me..

So I had this German car shop listen this loud knocking noise that the car made when it was cold only, and they did say I had lifter noise but also said the t-belt was so loose that it was causing something to bang against something, and that since they just did the tension on my t-belt 8,000 miles ago something isn't right and they want to do the entire major service where they replace the belt, water pump and rollers. They quoted me $1500 to do the job. I have always taken my car here and don't think they would try to scam or rip me off, but before I spend that kind of money i'd like a second opinion. Thoughts?

Thanks...

Reply to
Subway Bargin Thursdays!

hello, as i mentioned before , with the mileage you have , you are long overdue for all of these repairs . it sounds to me that your mechanic knows what he's talking about . if you can't TRUST your mechanic you are in trouble . his price is more than fair . go to

for the best in aftermarket and o.e.m. parts and such . regards, d.

Reply to
dickie

Yes, fair for all of that work, but...If the water pump does not need replacement, don't replace it. Especially since you said you had a newer model. They can also check the rollers while they are in there...if they are good I wouldn't replace them either. I would definitely check the self tensioner.

Good luck.

Reply to
Devils944S2