Tire Comparison for Boxster S

2001 Boxster S. The two tires are:

1) Dunlop SP Sport Maxx

2) Michelin Pilot Sport Rib

I'm leaning towards the Dunlop (based on literature not real world data). Any comments based on experience?.

Thanks

Reply to
Tony

Never liked Dunlops, but haven't had their latest on a Boxster.

On the other hand, I just traded my Boxster-S for a Carrera Cab...and I had the Michelin Sports on the Boxster and found them to be good all around. Reasonable ride quality, not noisy, solid handling.

Hope this helps...

Reply to
Weekend Guru

We've done an informal comparison of Dunlop tires Vs. other tires on a

1998 Audi A4 Quattro we owend as well as on 2 SUVs (a 2001 Lexus RX300 AWD and a 2003 Toyota 4Runner 4x4) and our new 2006 Toyota Sequioa 4x4 came with Dunlops. they're ok, but not fantastic, IMO. If you're looking for a geat year-round sports tire and don't live somewhere where it snows heavily, get Goodyear F1s, awesome grip in wet and dry and good wear. Continental makes a good tire, but they wear quickly in my experience (I'm on my 2nd set of Contis on a 2002 VW GTI and we've got a 2005 VW Touraeg with Contis on it) and avoid Yokohamas, they've had a lot of problems with pre-mature shoulder wear on Yoko tires the last couple of years.
Reply to
Filmophile