used Boxster

What would be a reasonable price for a 3/4 year old Boxster?

Reply to
fvrc82b8

We're talking about 2000 and newer models with the 2.7L engine or the S? Depending on mileage, the base Boxster runs from mid-to-high 20s for 2000. Some people advertise in the 30s but these cars are too plentiful to pay a premium for one. The 2000 Boxster S runs from the low-to-mid 30s. The newer cars, especially those still within factory warranty, fetch more. Personally, I'd avoid a high-mileage Boxster for now, no matter the savings. It's easy to find low-mileage, well-cared for cars and we don't know how well these engines handle the upper ranges yet. Emanuel

Reply to
E Brown

I just bought a late 1999 Boxster with 30,000 miles on it for $25.7k. I live in the Bay Area, so that adds a bit of a premium. But I don't think I overpaid.

Reply to
Dork

"Dork" wrote

IME, there are far more Boxsters in the Bay area than other parts of the country, and the market is more competitive there ad prices are lower. We got a better price and had much more selection buying (a used one) there than up here in Seattle.

Floyd

Reply to
fbloogyudsr