V8 Conversions - A few thoughts

Did I hear my name?????

Yes I looked at them. I found a few things.

Renegade Hybrids is a 20 some odd year old company with new owners who made me feel like I needed a shower after talking to them. From the serious owners I talked to they all said "Stay Way, these guys are clueless".

Rod Simpson did the first conversion on a 912 back in 1968 and has been doing them ever since. He is probably the go to guy if you want one.

There is an e-bay seller called adbusch who sells some nice looking conversion equipment, but no whole kits.

The big thing I learned is that no one I talked to, even a company who had spent 45k on one (that they ended up selling for 15k) could show me a problem free car. Or even one that was relatively usable. They were fast, and the high dollar one handled well, but they were money pits that seldom worked right.

Buyer beware on this one.

Big Earl

Reply to
Big Earl