V8 mod kits

does anyone know where to get those V8 mod kits that go into porsches. these are the ones that allow u to put a chevy engine in

thanks

Reply to
Cheaphardware

MONSTER GARAGE ???? :o)

Reply to
DS

WHY?

Reply to
LH

a buddy of mine wants to do the conversion. hes done one b4 but cant remember\ where he got the mod kit, plus a chevy engine will run him a few hundred dollars where a porsche engine will cost lots

thanks

Reply to
Cheaphardware

Devils944S2

But that's sacrilege :)

Reply to
LH

In alt.autos.porsche Cheaphardware wrote: : does anyone know where to get those V8 mod kits that go into porsches. : these are the ones that allow u to put a chevy engine in

Rather than ask everyone else to search for you, google the newsgroup and look at past discussion for V8.

Reply to
Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Reply to
Cheaphardware

Don't feed the trolls!

Anyone know any details about the 997? I read that its going to have a lot of interior parts from the Pepper with the engine enlarged to 3.8 liters. Also on a side note, they are coming out with a Boxster Coupe. If done right, that could sell like hot cakes.

Reply to
Super Seber

Some Euromags have printed spy pictures of the Boxster coupe and it does look cool. But Porsche will screw it over somehow, because the

911 franchise must be protected. I think you've mixed up some rumors. Some have speculated the 997 would get an 8 cylinder, others that Porsche will enlarge the flat-6 to 3.8L - I'm betting on the latter. Emanuel
Reply to
E Brown

And speaking of the Boxster coupe and 997, you can go to

and click the spy shots button on the menu bar to see pictures of both. Be forewarned: some of you aren't going to like the headlight treatment on the Boxster! Emanuel

Reply to
E Brown

The 997 is clearly an Audi :-) They've nicked the spoiler from a TT.

Reply to
Paul Spencer

Some more:

Boxter

997
Like the red-one on this page, esp. the headlights. Back to basics.

And it seems some people are mixing up the new boxtercoupe and the 997

Reply to
LH

In alt.autos.porsche Cheaphardware wrote: : iim not asking anyone to search, im asking if anyone knows, thats the whole : idea of a newsgroup and message forum. : and i did look and could not find what i was i was looking for

So you read all 443 posts google shows for alt.autos.porsche.* "V8 conversion" and didn't find the name of one vendor in them?

Is the idea of a newsgroup to ask the same question every month, if you sorted google on date for year 2003 posts, you'll find threads on the topic ending on November (22nd), Oct (21st), September (17th and 11th), a thankful gap, July (29th), May 19th, March (27th) Feb (18th), Jan (29th).

You were even unable to find the name of Renagade Hybrid or other companies in those postings?

:> Rather than ask everyone else to search for you, google the newsgroup :> and look at past discussion for V8. :>

:> -- :> John Nelson :> -------------------------------------------------------------------------- : --- :> Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page :>

(A Non-Commercial Web Site: No Sponsors, No Paid Ads and Nothing to Sell)

Reply to
Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Did I hear my name?????

Yes I looked at them. I found a few things.

Renegade Hybrids is a 20 some odd year old company with new owners who made me feel like I needed a shower after talking to them. From the serious owners I talked to they all said "Stay Way".

Rod Simpson did the first conversion on a 912 back in 1968 and has been doing them ever since. He is probably the go to guy if you want one.

There is an e-bay seller called adbusch who sells some nice looking conversion equipment, but no whole kits.

The big thing I learned is that no one I talked to, even a company who had spent 45k on one (that they ended up selling for 15k) could show me a problem free car. Or even one that was relatively usable. They were fast, and the high dollar one handled well, but they were money pits that seldom worked right.

Buyer beware on this one.

Big Earl

Chicago Paddling-Fishing wrote in news:bqsje8$gt1$ snipped-for-privacy@e250.ripco.com:

Reply to
Big Earl

Look in Pano for Rod Simpson ad Also Renegade Hybrids-Vegas I think

Reply to
fred_emmerich

PORCHEV is famous for these

Reply to
Porsche Fan

It's the Usenet way - ask a simple question, get 1,000 opinion & little if any useful information.

Renegade Hybrids:

Rod Simpson Hybrids:

Personally, I'd say go 914 V8 - better power to weight, better balance, lower cost, and less whining from the rear-engine crowd, since the '14 get's no respect anyway.

cds

Reply to
C. Deforrest Smith

I whine at any and all Porsche V8 conversions. =)

I've always had a soft spot for the 2.0 914/4 and the 914/6 as well as the 912 and 912E, but I'm one of the few. I think building up a performance 2.0 914/4 would be cool, or if you must swap, swapping in a 2.8 SC or 3.0 Carrera engine would be awesome.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

Check this one out:

Fast911