Vacuum line for a 1977 911S

I am going to attempt to perform a valve job for the first time. The Pelican Technical Article has convinced me that even I can do it.

While ordering the feeler gauge and new cover gaskets, I though I would replace the vacuum lines at the same time. The car has been running lean and it seems to be getting worse every time I drive it.

How much line do I need? What is the inner diameter of the line?

Since it is a vacuum not pressure line, I am assuming that I do not need any clips or holders for the line. Right?

Porsche_beginner

Reply to
porsche_beginner

you will need about 1'6" of vacuum lines diameter depends on the components the lines lead to, most are 1/8" inner diameter but it varries by vehicle, i suggest removing a line and take it to your local auto parts store and just comnpare sizes to find the one you need

Reply to
doudtown