Window stuck in down position

Hi,

The passenger window on my 2001 996 is stuck in the down position. I suspect it can be reset somehow. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

Reply to
sturner

If there is no indication of sound or movement when you press the button, then it could be a fuse.

If you hear the motor or other mechanical sounds and the widow does not come up, then the glass has probably come loose from the mechanism, which will require getting into the door to repair. I think...but am not sure...that the glass is glued in to the bottom lift frame. (Haven't had this problem myself...or seen an explanation of the procedure.

Possible help from

or

Hope this is of some assistance.

Regards from Texas.

Reply to
Guru

Thanks - guess I'll have the dealer take a look.

Reply to
sturner

i believe that the windows operate from relays , you might want to check it out. dick

Reply to
dick

I have a friendly mechanic who will take a look for me.

Thanks

Reply to
sturner