Working on the Boxster

Can I expect a good mechanic, who has never worked on a Porsche, to be able to successfully work on a Boxster? I mean, there's not even an engine under the bonnet...

I'm asking because it's something like 550km to the nearest official Porsche dealer from where I'm living, and would love to buy one of the older Boxster's ('97-'99).

Reply to
Ottar Holstad

Questionable. Never worked on a Porsche...especially a Boxster? He's going to have a steep learning curve to find how everything is placed and works. You'll need some kind of shop manual (Porsche=expensive; aftermarket; on-line service info) and a really good mechanic who learns quickly. Pretty much everything that has to be done to the engine has to be done from the bottom. Proceed with care!

Regards from Texas

Reply to
Weekend Guru

Reply to
rifco_97

I ahve the Boxster 986 ( and every other model)factory workshop manuals. I strongly suggest that you get it for yourself or your mechanic. It will make it easier.

I also have the 2005 PET ( dealer version ) and Technical Service Bulletins.

Reply to
porsche librarian