2004 Navigation

My factory installed navigation system on my 2004 Prius has been sending me in very strange directions, more so than usual. Does anyone know if there is a DVD update or what to do about it?

Reply to
flosky

Presuming your 2004 Prius uses the same software as my 2005, the answer is yes and the update is easy to install. The latest DVD is terribly overpriced, costing as much as a some complete stand-alone systems. Rip-offs are available for $100.00 US$ or maybe less.

There are user selectable preferences that will effect the directions the system gives you. If you are getting directions that differ from what you formerly got on a familiar route this is most likely a consequence of your having invoked one or more of these preferences. For example, if you have blocked interstate highways it will route you on alternative primary and secondary roads.

Reply to
Was Istoben