2008 Prius

My 2008 Prius has not had any problems with gas pedal or brakes. I beleive the American Press is trying to get US to buy GM product.

Reply to
Fred Seaver

Okay, so Toyota themselves have posted this information to their web site:

This is a conspiracy by the American press?

And because you haven't experienced a problem you assume you won't in the future even if your vehicle is one of the ones affected? Well, that's your choice, but as for me I'll gladly have them fix whatever they say they need to.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

The 2008 Prius is only in the floor mat recall. If he makes sure his floor mats are the correct ones and are installed properly, he won't experience the problem ever.

Reply to
greenpjs

Right. But how about his acting like the bigger problems don't exist and it's all a press conspiracy?

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

Well, my opinion is the press is trouncing on anyone who has any problem. It a sign of the times, but it is very destructive whether it is aimed at a politician, a celebrity, or a car company. Why not report that Toyota has found some problems but will fix them as soon as the fixes are thoroughly tested? I owned a 2004 Prius and now own a 2010. I am still glad I bought them because they are a good match for me. I have also owned american cars and had good luck with them. But they also had recalls. Nobody is perfect. In fact, the 2 largest recalls in history were Ford recalls. It is very hard to decide when a problem is serious enough to warrant a recall. All car companies want to be sure they understand the problem and the proposed fix solves the problem without creating new issues. After the fact, someone will always say they should have done it sooner. The conspiracy theorists will then decide it was all an evil plot to kill car owners for the almighty dollar (or yen). Yes, all car companies need to be prodded from time to time to do the right thing, but that doesn't mean they are evil. I'll get off my soapbox now. ...Pat

Reply to
greenpjs

Are you saying the 2008 Prius was part of that notification? I don't think it was.

Reply to
greenpjs