2008 Toyota Prius

Does anyone know when the 2008 Toyota Prius - will be available? will be available to place an order on? if there are any new colors coming out?

Reply to
Jeannie

My little birdies have been quiet lately, so I haven't heard of any changes.

Based on the last couple of years, Toyota starts building the new model year Prius starting in August. Japan sees the first deliveries of the new model year Prius in September. US begins seeing the new model year Prius starting late September or early October.

Reply to
mrv

I don't know about color changes. But from what I've read, real changes are going to be a lower base model with no cruise control. Just get an 07 :)

Reply to
wutanghax0r

"No cruise control" seems odd. In the Prius it is no more than a few switches, connectors and a light. In our '02 it was a $250 option and probably overpriced at that.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Where did you hear about no cruise control on the US 2008 Prius? (Base NHW20 Prius in some European countries (like the UK and Italy) already come without cruise control. Yes, there are parts lists available to add the cruise control to these Prius...)

The only word that I've seen on the new 2008 Prius is from:

Toyota Announces 2008 Model Year Prices For Eight Vehicles

07/30/2007 Torrance, CA July 30, 2007 - Torrance, CA - Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., announced manufacturer's suggested retail prices (MSRP) today for the 2008 Avalon full-size sedan, Prius gas-electric hybrid, Yaris subcompact, RAV4 compact sport utility vehicle (SUV), FJ Cruiser off- road SUV, 4Runner mid-size SUV, Tacoma pickup and Sienna. All eight models begin arriving in dealerships in late July and throughout the month of August. .... The fuel-efficient 2008 Prius is a better value this year with an expanded lineup to include a lower-priced, new standard model. The base MSRP for Prius ranges from $20,950 for the newly introduced standard model to $23,220 for the Touring model. The total Prius average MSRP increases $150 or 0.7 percent.

The new Prius arrives in dealerships in August. ....

Reply to
mrv