A triangular and car with icon appears on the screen

I have got an 1999 Pruis. The problem I have got is when I start the car up, the triangular appears next to the speedometer and also a car with an icon appears on the screen with the sign "WARNING". Can you please let me know what the problem could be and how I can solve it.

Thanks.

Reply to
zub

Take the car to your dealer.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

A 1999? Is the Multi-display in Japanese?

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Hate toy cars with a toy cars dash display. Any car that ditches gauges in favor a warning to take it to the dealer is all BS.

Reply to
green

Good thing you don't have one. Bad thing your post was useful to nobody.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

. . .

then don't buy one.

Bob Wilson

Reply to
Bob Wilson

Hate toy posts with toy post grammar. But thanks for sharing; be sure to write again when you can use your real name.

Reply to
richard schumacher

I see by your email address that you are in the UK, so if you have a

1999 Prius, you may have some problems getting it diagnosed/fixed. The 1998-2000 Prius, model NHW10, was originally only sold in Japan, not intended for sale outside of Japan... Diagnostic tools are difficult to come by for this model, outside of Japan.

You may find some help on this English-language group of NHW10 owners, mostly outside of Japan:

This more local group to you could help you find a mechanic in your area that may be willing to try things:

mrv

It might be from a too low octane gasoline. It might be from too much crankcase oil. It could be it was put in Drive way too soon but the problem showed up after you shut off the car and restarted it soon thereafter. I think it's called the 7 second rule. If for some reason the computer gets a improper firing signal from the engine you might see that graphic displayed. If the engine runs maybe you can ignore the warning. But if it's from too much oil then I guess you'll have to have it looked at. I've had the same warnings but I removed the gas cap and put it back on. Then I let the car sit unused for about an hour.

mark_

Reply to
mark digital

If we are talking toy post grammar, you might work on capitalizing your own "name" "richard schumacher."

Too bad that the topic of being disappointed with a dash board that doesn't have normal gauges so that any minor problem escalates until you must run to the dealer$hip resulted in your toy post but I am glad you just discovered grammar in summer school., since you can't interact in adult situations except as a proofreader. :-)

Reply to
green

I do have one. And like the warning message, your post is as useful.

Reply to
green

I own one. I've sat for two hours on a hot summer day while the dash gave a meaningless warning on a Sunday afternoon.. Finally, we found the unindexed reference in the manual that said to start the car four times and if it went away, then you didn't need to take it to the dealership.

CRAPPY manual. CRAPPY dash display.

Why can't I have a real set of gauges that I can read BEFORE a problem arises? What a concept! Too bad you sheeple drank the Kool-Aid

Yawn wider so you can fit your ENTIRE head up there.

Reply to
green

Or you could just stop trolling.

*Plonk*
Reply to
Michael Pardee

I don't feel I have to respect the views of someone who plonks people for expressing a different opinion than his own, just because Michael is ignorant and wishes to remain that way like a child holding his breath until he passes out and can't see anyone any more.

Reply to
red

This from a guy who claims to have spent the $20K plus for a car that has all the features he hates and can't figure out how to sell it while demand is high so he doesn't have a car he hates any more? Do you also pour Tabasco in your eye and complain because you can't figure out how to stop?

Exceptionally stupid troll.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

I'm sorry you're having so much trouble learning how to use your car. Would you like some help?

Reply to
richard schumacher

Yes, the manual does kinda suck.

Uhh, you bought one, so you drank it also. Bahhhhh!!! :_>

I'm sorry that you're having so much trouble learning to use your new car. Would you like some help?

Reply to
richard schumacher

I bet you plonked God because he wasn't as smart as you.

Why sell my Prius when I can just wait for that "take car to dealership" warning to pop up without warning?

I notice you still don't have the intelligence to address that comment in my original post, in my subsequent post or now.

All you can do is whip out your smartass and plonk like a moron.

Reply to
red

Yeah, show me where the complete standard set of gauges are located on the dash. You know, the ones that show you the exact temperature of your engine, your RPM, etc. Please do that between your full-time childish efforts to plonk and put down. I can't really see someone of your caliber being ABLE to answer any technical question, no matter how simple.

Reply to
red

Funny how I posted a question asking about the dash and so far all I get is smart ass from you. I guess that makes YOU the troll.

Reply to
red