A triangular and car with icon appears on the screen

That set of gauges hasn't been standard in decades. RPM is pretty meaningless in the Prius because at any point the engine can not be running while the car is running on batteries alone. Also with the kind of transmission it has, there is no way for you to shift gears--for that matter, there is no such thing as shifting gears.

Knowing the RPM won't do you any good in the Prius. For that matter, neither would knowing the exact engine temperature or oil pressure.

But if having these gauges was so important to you, and knowing before you bought the car that it doesn't have these gauges, why did you buy it?

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Your original comment was "Hate toy cars with a toy cars dash display. Any car that ditches gauges in favor a warning to take it to the dealer is all BS."

No comment on the content is necessary.

Actually, he waited to plonk you until you proved beyond any doubt that you are an obnoxious asshole who has nothing of substance to contribute. He may have been wrong about you being a troll, but you are definitely a jerk.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

You didn't ask a question about the dash; you whined about it, dipshit.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

You posted a question about the dash? To THIS newsgroup? Funny, all any of us have seen was the one with the subject line "Prius dash display: made for morons on AOL" and the text "Hate toy cars with a toy cars dash display. Any car that ditches gauges in favor a warning to take it to the dealer is all BS."

I, for one, don't see a question in there.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

richard schumacher

They are no "standard" gauges on the Prius dash. If you require those to be able to drive a car then you're out of luck with your Prius.

Reply to
richard schumacher

What kind of idiot buys a car that doesn't have a feature that's so obviously important to him? Did you actually buy your Prius without knowing what the dash looks like?

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

"richard schumacher" wrote

You are not necessarily out of luck. There are after-market add-ons such as this

that supposedly can provide this information. Al

Reply to
A Sherman

Right. Connecting a scanner will give him a hell of a lot more information than, for example, a tachometer. Besides, the gauges, there all the time, are generally ignored until the associated warning lamp lights.

Reply to
Bill

You changed your sig to bypass my killfile: that makes it clear you are a troll.

You are, by your own posts, an incompetent or a liar about what nobody would believe. Either way that makes you more stupid than the average troll.

Exceptionally stupid troll. I am very honored, though, by your disapproval.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Good point. I've seen occasional wishes for oil pressure guages or voltmeters in the Prius, but I'd expect those to be too alarming (my oil pressure has been zero for a minute now!) or too boring ("still 13.4 volts"). The real question revolves around what we need to know when operating the vehicle, since we don't have to worry about the alternator failing or the belt slipping. I don't think the final chapter has been written on that yet, not by a long shot.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Look at it this way: a troll must be born when an angry fool like you replies. It's a retroactive thing.

Reply to
red

Yet another chance to use this observation:

"Look at it this way: a troll must be born when an angry fool like you replies. It's a retroactive thing."

Reply to
red

And thrice: "Look at it this way: a troll must be born when an angry fool like you replies. It's a retroactive thing."

Reply to
red

PLONK!

snipped-for-privacy@green.green wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Reply to
no one

And yet you have an unbalanced compulsion to fail to answer a question that you yourself claims does not exist. You really need to work on your reading comprehension, take your meds, get your money back from your psychiatrist, etc., etc., etc. Perhaps you are the kind of person who has no gauges and every once in a while a little alarm goes off and you must be carted off by the men in white? Perhaps?

Reply to
red

What an ugly man she is.

Reply to
red

Wow. You can talk about a subject after all.

Uh, you misspelled gauges. Back at ya, Einstein.

Reply to
red

Well, gauges would make sense if there was something the owner could do if he or she saw something they could take care of on their own. But I think for the most part considering only a few selected mechanics get to go through special training for this hybrid says a lot. Don't you think? Almost everyone from autobody to emergency personnel have to get special training before attempting to do what they normally do. I've had to warn customs about poking and prodding their way in the trunk.

I'm not taking sides here but I can see why others think you don't own a Prius. I too have my doubt. Sorry.

mark_

Reply to
mark digital