Anyone update their NAV DVD themselves?

Dealer said they had a new version.

Do they need to install it or is a do-it-yourself job?

B~

Reply to
B. Peg

Good question!

Toyota publications department quoted me a price for the updated DVD, but no mention of any "how-to" from them or in the manual.

Anybody?

- Greg

$50 a Day > Dealer said they had a new version.

Reply to
Greg

Takes all of 10 seconds. DVD drive is under the driver's seat.

Greg wrote:

Reply to
Bill

Reply to
Greg

Yet another marketing scam that has nothing to do with search engines.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

We just had our 2005 Prius updated to version 6.1. The dealer did it, charged us $250 and then gave us the DVD for version 4.2 Glad we poked around the 'net when our override featue for the navigation went away. Now we get to go back to the dealer again to get the correct DVD. I'm glad there is a work around for putting the older firmware file back onto the new 6.1 maps disc to get the override back.

Reply to
Mark