B for Mountain gear

Hi,

Living in the flatlands I am not familiar with driving in the mountains. In the coming holidays I expect to be driving is mountain area's and will encounter long slopes downhill.

Question: What will happen to the battery? Will it fill up to the maximum or is there a safeguard built in?

Greetz King

Reply to
king

The system protects itself no matter what. Don't worry about the sounds coming from the engine compartment. If you need to slow down more than what B mode gives you, use the brakes.

The Prius is just like any other car in that respect. Just get in it and drive it. In a normal car, you'd gear down--and if that wasn't enough, you'd hit the brakes. Well, in the Prius, same thing. You gear down, and if that isn't enough, you hit the brakes.

The system will not allow itself to be put in a condition where any part of the system breaks. Nothing bad will happen to the battery. Nothing will happen to the motor/generators. Nothing will happen to the internal combustion engine.

Trust the system. It's pure genius, AND it just works.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@news.x-privat.org...

Thanks Elmo,