Battery Life

Having a 2001, I'm naturally wondering if there's reliable data on the practical expected battery life. Any info greatly appreciated & thanks.

Reply to
Steve Giannoni

Steve Giannoni

Steve Giannoni schrieb:

I would be interessted by the way how much would costs a new battery.

Reply to
Anton Ramunda

These are the prices I use as a rule of thumb:

1) new NHW11 traction battery - $2,900 2) used NHW11 traction battery - $500-1,000 3) used NHW20 traction batteries - ~$500/each (two required)

Bob Wilson

Reply to
Bob & Holly Wilson

How many do you need? What is the difference between a NHW11 and a NHW20? What do you mean rule of thumb? Are they based on dealer quotes?

Are you familiar with Google? I used it to find a good price on the small Prius battery and along the way stumbled upon a wide range of prices for the traction battery. Here is a new traction battery for $2070.94. Perhaps the price is coming down simply because there hasn't been any demand.

Was Istoben

One traction battery consisting of 38 modules.

The NHW11 has 38 modules and the NHW20 has 28 modules. The NHW20 modules are an improved version of the NHW11 but can not be mixed with the older modules:

1) new NHW11 traction battery - $2,900 (estimated) price based upon posting of others. 2) used NHW11 traction battery - $500-1,000 based upon past prices reported from salvage yards. 3) take 38 modules from two NHW20 traction batteries and replace the 38 modules in a failed NHW11 traction battery (EXPERIMENTAL TECHNIQUE) - $500/each or $1,000 total.

Prices others have posted in the past.

No, "rule of thumb."

Bob Wilson

Reply to
Bob & Holly Wilson

At OFS we make good use of regular battery, inexpensive approach but better result.

Cheers,

GasSaver.

BTW - We already reached 90-mpg on converting Mercedes-Benz's any models C220 - E320 to triple mileage with superior power. Thanks to our Friction-2-Energy technology, it makes a big difference.

GasSaver

I'd like to read your patent on that, or at least the application. Could you give us the number?

Reply to
Was Istoben

Stop posting your freakin' spam!

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

Could that also be a petrol saver?

What is the significance of the number 2?

Reply to
Barry OGrady

It's a substitute for the word "to"? That's not much help if you pronounce "2" as "zwei" or "deux" or "dos", I suppose.

Reply to
Peter Granzeau