Bluetooth Compatible Phones

I have had my cell phones for a number of years, so the contract time has gone by some time ago. I am ready to buy new phones and lock myself into another contract.

I have also placed my deposit on a new Toyota Prius with the Number 6 options. Which telephone and which service will make the best use of the Bluetooth technology in the Prius?

Reply to
Stan and Dee Bringer

We have the RAZR thru Cingular. Works fine for us.

Reply to
RRG

Check the info on the Pages in this link:

They show most all phones capable of working with the Prius #6 package and what features that will not work from each individual phone. Usually, most all phonebooks in your phone will have to be uploaded one-by-one (without a laptop and Bluetooth). I believe on the Nokia's it is called "Business Card" sending, or something like that.

B~

Reply to
B. Peg

Reply to
DAPOPE

I use an Audiovox SMT 5600 with great success. Very pleased.

HH

Reply to
HH

We have Verizon service and just bought a 2005 Prius. There were only 2 phones that were listed to be compatible and I had to find that through the Verizon web site. Toyota's "LetsTalk" doesn't list ANY Verizon phones. The two are the LG VX8100 and "The V", via this link:

I've just got to figure out how to get the phone book transferred. That's not directly supported either.

In general though, it's a pretty cool feature. I'm going to love it!

-Pah

Reply to
Nav Anon