bluetooth phones and passenger: irritation over "safety" feature

We just got the car which is great except for this "safety" feature which is attempting to protect something that does not need protecting. Two of us take drives together. Is there any way to disable the "disable telephone" features while moving. The passenger would prefer to try out the features while the vehicle is moving instead of wasting time sitting in the driveway reading the book with the power on. It is NOT the driver who wants to do this so why shouldn't we be able to do so. Suggestions appreciated.

Reply to
windwatcher

Upload your phonebook from your phone to the car, then you can set up to 18 numbers for one touch dialing. The one-touch dialing works while the car is moving.

Kari

Reply to
kari

Will try it. Two people will load their phonebooks into the car and we'll share Speed Dials. Any experience with loading two phones/dismounting/re-loading easily? Thanks.

Reply to
windwatcher

There are two phonebooks in the Prius, each of which can store up to

500 contacts (one number each). You can register up to 4 phones. You'll have to select which phone to connect to, though, or it'll default to the last used phone.

There are 18 "One-touch dial" numbers, but you really can only program

17 of them. position #6 is reserved for the last received call's number. The one-touch dial numbers are programmed out of your phonebook. (I'm not sure if there is only 1 set of 1-touch dial numbers, or 1 set per phonebook. I haven't needed more than the 6 on page 1...)

Note that the above information is for a 2004 US Prius. The 2006, with the new display and the Bluetooth not requiring the Navigation system, might be a little different.

Reply to
mrv

Reply to
DAPOPE

Thanks. We found that out: dial from the phone and speak/listen through the car. Already loaded our two phones as separate icons but haven't yet downloaded the address books, nor speed dial. There apparently is a "last number dialed" button which appears that you can access.

Reply to
windwatcher