{BS} Ray Lahood gets TOUGH with Toyota!

What about GM, Chrysler and Ford?

Moron.

GM and Ford have PLENTY of recalls to publicize, and this idiot goes after Toyota.

Your government at work.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I've been reading a bunch of articles claiming that Toyota is attempting to use it's influence with the US government to get the penalties lessened. While I agree that Toyota tries to influence government decisions the articles are missing one extremely important fact. GM and Chrysler ARE the US government!

Reply to
cr113

A Republican.

We need new blood. New ideas. The current occupier has lost grip. They ain't got it.

The old Reagan stuff is getting stale. Fast.

I'm looking for innovation, fresh ideas, anybody out there?

Reply to
dbu''

Yes, along with the unions.

Reply to
dbu''

They are publicized, GM and Ford dont run, hide, or ignore the issue like Toyota has for maybe 7 years. The problem is toyota would never have dont it by themselves. Ford, GM, just Do It. Read the AP today . State Farm notifed the NHTSA in 2007. The NHTSA has been getting complaints since 2003. This bullshit Toyota has been trying to ignore hoping it would go away. This crap has been going on for years and years, Toyota deserves a 2 billion dollar fine, thats not much, its about toyotas last quarters Net. Now its Hondas turn with Airbags,

800,000++ cars, another billion dollar screw up.
Reply to
ransley

That's what makes Lahood's comments doubly wrong.

Can you imagine if a Japanese official said that General Motors had beeter do something about the quality of their cares, FAST?

Of course, they could have said this anywhere from 40 years ago to the present...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Always a YaButt. is toyota wrong or what. accept it.

Reply to
Tom

LOL! "beeter"...Freudian Slip?!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Palin has all the answers right in "the palm of her hand" (;-P

Reply to
tak

Low blow, tak...

Reply to
Hachiroku

After years of hearing the GM guys say, there's nothing wrong with MY car, Toyota has a recall and it's SEE WE TOLD YOU THEY WERE JUNK!!!!

Lahood should know better. But like his boss, he doesn't.

They have to sell GMs, you know. They need to get the money back.

Reply to
Hachiroku

=?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_$B%O%A%m%/(B?wrote in news:hkt1nr$9dv$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

No one cars but the care companies.

Reply to
fred

Sure...Uh huh. Remember the sticker Ford sent people with bad transmissions 30 years ago? They even fought the government on that.

Blah, blah, blah. The Liberal media tells you Toyota is bad.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Or this gem from "the Sarah": "if you can't ride two horses at once, you shouldn't be in the circus". Definitely the best the Repubs have to offer in

2012. Bwaaaaa
Reply to
tak

Hey, I never heard that before! I like it!

James Maxton, to whom this saying is attributed (quot. 1935), was a British Independent Labour Party MP (1932-46). Denis Healey (see quot.

2002), another British Labour politician, was probably consciously quoting Maxton.

Maxton made a brief intervention in the debate to say?that he did not believe it was necessary to pass a resolution for disaffiliation [of the ILP from the Labour Party]. He had been told that he could not ride two horses. ?My reply to that is?, he said??that if my friend cannot ride two horses?what's he doing in the bloody circus?? [1935 G. Mcallister James Maxton xiv.]

A producer who ?can't ride two horses at the same time shouldn't be in the circus.??Current affairs television should be both serious and entertaining. [1979 Daily Telegraph 15 Mar. 15]

But politics is a practical activity, not an intellectual one. As Denis Healey once said, if you can't ride two horses at once, you shouldn't be in the bloody circus.

so there.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Simply validities my suspicion: nothing new or original out of Palin's mind or mouth. Thanks for the research (;-)

Reply to
tak

I give her an A+++ if she can make a detailed speech using only a few key words on the palm of her hand. Obama has to have three telepropters holding the entire speech. I thought this guy was so smart and had a photographic memory or was I led down the BS path about that.

Reply to
dbu''

So you'd never heard it before, either.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Everybody was. Some of us just woke up before election day...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Nope

Reply to