caught off guard:

I put a deposit down on a Prius in June anticipating a December to March delivery. Low and behold I get a phone call today offering me a Prius with the AM package in September. Am I just lucky or am I missing something since other dealers in my area have told me a 1-2 year wait is normal.

Reply to
silledad

Some dealers get bigger allocations than others. Also, it might be that people ahead of you in the queue turned it down because they didn't want that package and/or that color.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

I'm not sure if it will be considered a 2004 or 05, it is expected in the

Reply to
silledad

That will probably be an 04, which might be another reason that people have passed. I know that back in June and July, people were passing on

04s, waiting for 05s. That helped me get mine four weeks ago, much sooner than I had expected to get one.
Reply to
Michelle Steiner

There was a discussion on Prius-2g group a few weeks ago about resale value of a 2004 and a 2005 bought one month from one another. I guess some people are worried about when they resale the car but if you plan on keeping it until it falls apart, 2004 and 2005 being the exact same car, I think passing on a '04 is irrational.

Reply to
Samuel Atlan

Are there really going to be any changes?

Reply to
Buck Frobisher

Gentlemen, pardon my ignorance: what is the AM package with relation to Prius? Thanks!

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com)

The option package will change starting with the 2005 models; there will be only six instead of nine. Package 1 (currently RW) will be eliminated because the Rear Wiper will be standard, and two of the other packages will be eliminated or consolidated.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

No changes. Just a price increase (to account for the rear wiper and some extra profit :-) ) and rumors of a possible change in colors mid-year.

-- Sam

Reply to
Samuel Atlan

Michelle Vadeboncoeur