Clowns, Clown Cars, & Their Deal-Do Batteries Thrill

How often do you rotate your batteries in your personal transportation device? Feel the road bumps? Enjoy the responses. :-)

Reply to
blue

- 12 VDC battery, not yet but it is only 3 years old. Most folks are getting 5-6 years, twice the life of our gas only car batteries. That is because the 12 VDC battery never has to crank the engine. It just powers the lights, control computers and fans, a much easier load than a loud, noisy starter motor.

- traction battery, not yet but only 11 have been replaced that we know of and all under warrantee, 8 years / 80,000 miles. That is 11 out of

500,000 Prius sold or 0.00022%.

The Dept. of Energy ran a fleet study of hybrids, INL/CON-05-00964, that showed after 160,000 miles, there were no battery replacements and they were still getting nearly the same MPG as when new. These little puppies don't seem to wear out but we are all working hard to measure their life.

We are more likly to lose the Prius in an accident than have a traction battery failure. This is why Prius traction batteries are often available on Ebay for very reasonable prices, ~$500. The secret for their long lives is their dedicated control computer that keeps them between 40-80% charge. They are never abused by a full discharge or over charged. NASA uses the same technique in satellite battery systems.

Not really compared to our other 1500 cc car, a 2001 Echo. The Prius rides smoother due in part to the weight of the traction battery and a well tuned suspension. Lack of and reduced engine noise also makes it a quieter, smoother ride than gas cars and this is especially nice on cross country trips. You just don't feel beat up and fatigued after a long trip.

Bob Wilson

Reply to
Bob Wilson

How often do you swap your hands and your feet? You are just plain goofy, son! Why you expose yourself to the well-deserved scorn and ridicule here is beyond me. Masochism, perhaps.

You are easily the stupidest troll I have ever seen, and that is going some. Then you whine about the way we treat you. Let's count off your qualities: stupid, whiney, lying, ineffective, and self-absorbed. That's like a straight flush of trolldom! Aren't you even smart enough to be disgusted with yourself?

Mike

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Stupid Mikey keeps dancing for me like the chicken in the booth at the State Fair that comes out and pecks and shuffles its feet when I drop a quarter. I keep feeding foul to the fowl and it just can't learn.

Look, Mickey likes it. Watch him eat the whole bowl. Smirk.

Yawn

Yawn

Reply to
blue

So, in previous posts you have tried to portray yourself as worthy of respect. If you can't come up with a reason for that now, you have proven yourself genuinely the stupidest troll ever. At least the others can defend themselves.

I tire of seeing you humiliating yourself. But I predict you can't control yourself: you will do it again. Buh-bye.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

I see that Colors still can't tell the difference between men and women; he probably can't tell the difference between his asshole and a hole in the ground.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

I don't need respect from a fool like you. You don't matter. Shoo.

Reply to
blue

You are such a pathetic fool. If you are capable of following a thread, you would see I was talking to Michael. I know your name is Michelle and you obviously wish you were a real man but ask your girlfriend to explain it to you when she isn't chewing your carpet. I love it when a fool like you tries to get uppity and you just totally humiliate yourself. What an easy slap that was.

ROFLMAO

Reply to
blue

Definitely not. If he reads his own posts he should have the intelligence to ask, "why on Earth would *anybody* think that was clever?" Unfortunately he lacks that level of social awareness. And I see he still can't lay off, dancing to your tune.

It's up to you if you want to continue baiting the loser, but he makes it so easy it's like kicking a puppy. He has humiliated himself more than any troll I've ever seen - and the sad thing is he appears to be older than most trolls. I estimate he is near 20 years old, judging by some of his more lucid early posts (before he started drooling). That is a bad sign for his future, but that's largely a choice he has made. No wonder he is anonymous.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Actually, I've kill filed him. If you hadn't replied, I wouldn't have known what he had posted.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Actually he keeps tossing 'low balls', warmed over claims by other hybrid skeptics. When he posts some silliness, reply with the facts and data. Trolls hate that and eventually wander off. Best of all, you help educate the lurkers and don't chase them off with what sounds like a spat.

Bob Wilson

Reply to
Bob Wilson

Facts are always welcome. What is ironic is when someone accuses someone of being a troll simply because they disagree with their opinion and then follows it up by their own profanity, cliches, plonks, and then celebrates how smart and brave they are by continuing to post about the very thing they claim they wish to ignore from behind their keyboard of courage. It's called being a hypocrite. And breaking your arm off patting yourself on the back for intolerance. No wonder tree huggers and hybrid owners have high smug factors.

Reply to
izod

Facts are always welcome. What is ironic is when someone accuses someone of being a troll simply because they disagree with their opinion and then follows it up by their own profanity, cliches, plonks, and then celebrates how smart and brave they are by continuing to post about the very thing they claim they wish to ignore from behind their keyboard of courage. It's called being a hypocrite. And breaking your arm off patting yourself on the back for intolerance. No wonder tree huggers and hybrid owners have high smug factors.

Reply to
izod

Actually, the trolls tend to post unsubstantiated opinion. When refuted by fact, they snip the fact and restate the unsubstantiated opinion. After a few cycles of this, they deserve every obscenity that comes their way.

Reply to
Bill

One of the most difficult things in life to swallow is acknowledging your niche in life.

Reply to
mark digital

You've said you _ARE_ a Prius owner.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

What's your "code word" for that smug clique who immediately attack the "troll" for posting a different opinion than theirs with profanity, arrogance, and insulting behind plonks? Holier-than-thou hypocrites? If it plonks like duck... :-)

Reply to
izod

So by your logic, Blacks should have accepted being called "n****rs" because rich, white men are chosen by Jesus to rule the world. Why did those Blacks get so uppity when there was a word given by God to describe them? I guess rejecting the word "NIGGER" just proved that Blacks are inferior. You're always right.

Reply to
izod

I don't have a "code word" for ignoring irritating people. Plonking these morons is useless because they just change their handle anyway. Read what I wrote above. I'm setting opinion against fact, not opinion against opinion as you do in your reply. Above my post you will also find opinion set against fact. Just the other day I encountered an exceptionally stupid troll. It was his opinion that Toyota misled the public by advertising the Prius's high mileage. I offered the FACT that Toyota advertises the EPA mileage. He snipped the fact and reiterated his opinion. Apparently it didn't occur to this troll that those mileage figures we see on window stickers aren't optional. Apparently he didn't understand that EP stands for Environmental Protection and that were he interested in protecting the environment he could go to the EPA site and learn how to drive his car to achieve the figures they publish. Curiously, a lot of people complain about the EPA mileage figures. There is a push to make them "realistic". In other words, there is a push to publish figures that assuage the guilt of those who don't give a shit about our environment.

Reply to
Bill

You certainly sound like you could use a friend. What's really bothering you? mark_

Reply to
mark digital