Dashboard report on hybrid sales

The key data point from the Dashboard report:

Market_Share Units Group

2.35% 23,263 hybrids 0.64% 6,337 diesels 0.04% 348 Leaf+Volt

I'm in complete agreement that there are three groups of hybrids. The Prius alone has enough sales to have been in the top 10 vehicles sold, twice, on two separate occasions with sales of 11,000-18,000+ per month over the past years. The middle group, about 5-6 models, sold in

1,000-2,000 per month. Together, this middle group just about equals Prius sales. Then there are the 'experimental' or 'me too' cars sold in very small numbers, less than 500, limited markets, and often by special order ... greenwash.

Bob Wilson

ps. Full disclosure, I'm a moderator at MyHybridCar.com and recently posted a more detailed summary at:

bwilson4web