dealer maintenance?

I've got about 35000 miles on my 2004 Prius and when I bring it in for an oil change they always push to have additional maintenance done. This last time they offered me their 30k service which is:

oil change & filter, lube suspension,hood, and trunk hinges & latches, check for fluid leaks, inspect drive belts & adjust, inspect mechanical & hydraulic brake components, rotate tires, clean & adjust brakes, inspect exhaust system, suspension, steering linkage & retorque bolts, inspect lights and tire condition, check fluid levels & tire pressure, inspect air filter, check distributor & ignition system, replace transmission fluid, clean & lube throttle body & linkage, check coolant and road test.

The cost of this is $279. It seems most of this is covered in the yearly state inspection. Are any of these items necessary at 35k?

Thanks EC

Reply to
EC

What does your owner's manual say?

The dealer is an independent businessman, trying to maximize his profits at every turn. Start with that concept, then think about it.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

It's a crock o' shit. The dealer has a boat payment coming due.

Read and follow the advice given the Prius owner's manual and the Prius scheduled maintenance guide (they are separate documents). If for some reason you don't have them, buy copies from a dealer or online. They will save you a lot of trouble and expense.

Reply to
richard schumacher