Dear Valued Toyota Customer

Feb. 5 Dear Valued Toyota Customer:

We thought we would take a moment to check on your satisfaction with the Prius. We like to think of Toyota as one big family and wouldn't want to see a cousin, say, decapitated by the windshield, which it appears can swing loose from the hood under unusual circumstances, such as braking. Because you will be braking more frequently now that you can (see little metal square advisory, Jan. 23), please bring the vehicle in to the dealership at your earliest convenience. There is no cause for concern. The dealer will install a little titanium rectangle that should hold the windshield fast in subgust conditions and incidentally may improve your FM reception...Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Sincerely, Toyota Motor North America

Continued:

Dave U. Random