Driver seat

I need suggestions on how to improve the confort of the driver seat. Ive put a foam auto cushion in; but after 100 miles my thighs start getting numb.

2008 Prius Pkg # 2
Reply to
Fred Seaver

Seriously, sell the car.

I find the Prius to be as comfortable for long trips as my 94 ES300 was. I'm not a short or small person, either.

If it's not the right fit for you, then it's not the right fit.

On Priuschat there's a discussion of someone who took the seat rails out and lengthened them. There's also discussions like you mention of adding or changing the foam in various ways.

In the end, if it's not comfortable, then it's not right for you.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Since the car is new it is worth some investment (if you can come up with the dough.) "Elmo's" suggestion to sell the car ight be a bit radical, but he makes a good point: you don't want to live this way. I had a 1970 Mercury Capri that felt okay on the test drive but gave me a headache after half an hour driving it. I never did anything about it (I was young and could get used to rabid ferrets in the seat cushions) but don't repeat my mistake. Search for a solution until you find one.

Maybe this cushion from Brookstone? The reviews sound promising and the price isn't scary.

Good luck! Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Also figure that any seat rail mod (no matter how professional) will compromise any occupant accident injury claim.

Reply to
News

I solved the same problem on another car.

At a junkyard, I tried a dozen seats until I found something comfortable. It was leather of a compatible color, of the right width, and happened to be motorized with switches on the side of the seat itself.

It was simple to adapt the new seat's rails to the car, and to run 12V to it.

Voila!

Reply to
Ike

These did it for me:

Reply to
Bream Rockmetteller

Weird - the first link shows "unavailable" but if you go to the second link, click on "Other products by Obus Forme by Conair " and select the seat that looks the same it is available.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

My 2006 seat feels like it has a hole in it; I am supported only at the sides and across the front of the seat, plus a longitudinal bar of some kind at the center. But after a while, it gets to feeling all right, and I have made drives of as much as 5 hours without any trouble.

Surely other seats can be found to fit the Pius rails, but you might have a do a lengthy hunt for find one you like.

Reply to
Peter Granzeau

Adapting incompatible rails is a small task. The criteria are:

  1. Width
  2. Comfort
  3. Color compatibility
Reply to
Ike

I just ordered the auto wedge cushion from

for my

2008 Prius

Will let you know how works out.

Reply to