Extended warranty

Any suggestions for good Toyota dealerships to get this from? There seems to be a broad range of prices (and I certainly wasn't going to pay what my rather greedy dealership quoted). I have seen one dealer advertise the Gold blah blah blah or whatever it's called for under 1K.

Reply to
beernuts

It would really help to know where you're located.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

No need to know where the OP is located. You can get the extended warranty from a dealer anywhere in the US and use it at any Toyota service center in the US and Canada (world?). I live in Brooklyn, NY but bought my EW from Walnut Creek Toyota in California, but you probably can get an even better price than they offered. Hold on a while, someone here knows the best deals and will provide you with a link.

Reply to
Marilyn & Bob

Exactly (that's why I didn't mention it (NJ))

You can get the extended

You wouldn't (or maybe you would) believe the crap my dealership tried to float when I brought this point up. Of course, it was a sales manager guy, so I guess I can't expect much. But if I recall correctly, he basically said "don't believe what people type on the internet" - you know the kind, they pronounce "internet" as "innernets" and act like they know more about it than anyone.

I live in Brooklyn, NY

Kewl. I've got 24K more ore less on the odom, so I can wait a bit longer.

I first saw/learned of the option online, but thought I'd check around before jumping on that; I believe that one was in MN.

Reply to
beerwithnuts

I learned something today. :-)

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

Assuming that you are in the US, $995 for the Toyota Extra Care Platinum Plan longest term 7 year/100,000 mile/$0 deductible version, from several sources... Less if you want a shorter term plan.

mrv

Actually, it would make a difference. US Toyota dealerships in the Southeast (and maybe Gulf States) regions do things differently than the rest of the US. Canada has their own Extended Warranty (no haggling, as opposed to haggle away in the US). UK, Australia, etc. all do their own warranties as well.

Reply to
mrv

Well, then *I* learned something - I was told otherwise (as far as American Toyota dealerships are concerned - which is where I live)

Reply to
beernuts

I live in South Africa and have a March 2005 model Right Hand drive [Similar to United Kingdom B version] done 21000km/13050 miles so far with service intervals of 15000 km [9350 miles].

I have a 120000 km [75000 mile] / 5 year full maintenance plan [excludes tyres], which then goes to a 195000 km [122000 mile] / 8 year service plan - all at no charge - included in the original purchase price - which was a lot higher than USA prices. Only 12 Toyota dealers nationwide [of about 400 in total] can sell/service Prius. Toyota is the #1 passenger / RV brand here.

Our country only receives 12 cars a month and the Prius only was introduced in March last year - I was one of the first to obtain. By end of July 2005 only 45 had been placed - as up to then - Toyota only allowed renting for a

5 year contract - as we had a strict "do not expect warranty if driven on unpaved roads causes damage" clause in the contract. From then on, however - Toyota allowed outright purchase. In Johannesburg we are at 5000 feet/1525 meters and summer max of 35'C/95'F with winter lows of 0'C/32'F Mine is a dream car and has had zero problems. Average fuel consumtion is about 5.6 litres per 100 km = about 42 miles per US gallon. I do a lot of city driving.

Peter F

Reply to
Peter Fleming