Ford Reflex

Have any of you checked this out? Egad! I wonder what the price will be--and when it will be available. Don't like those doors though... Here are some pics and some prose:

or

Jean B.

Doors? They look like deployed thrust reversers.

Reply to
Bill

Hehe. And someone else said that may correlate with a very low clearance. We shall see. (Actually the Prius has slightly better clearance than the Passat, thank goodness.)

Reply to
Jean B.

Quote: "Now, the Reflex is quite definitely just a PR stunt that will never make it into real production."

B~

Reply to
B. Peg

Well, that's sad. I did write to Ford about it....

Reply to
Jean B.

You can view this *concept* vehicle at the Ford site for the 2006 Detroit auto show. Be warned, you'll need Flash to view it and some snippets of information about it:

06_Detroit The problem with concept vehicles is that many of them never make it to production... (Note that the Prius was shown as a concept vehicle at the 1995 Tokyo Motor Show, and looked outwardly like a Corolla with hybrid innards... And wasn't available as a production vehicle until

1997 (1998 model year) in Japan.) The other problem with the listed vehicle is that it is diesel, and it'll still be another year or two before the US sees any clean diesel around here...
Reply to
carsyoung

06_Detroit>

I gather there is no plan at the current time to produce this for the market, alas. If they do, I hope they will make the doors more normal.... I guess there'll be a while to think about that. And now with the possibility of a 90-mph Prius in

2008, I might just wait for that!
Reply to
Jean B.