Front tire wear/alignment

Prius 2002 with 22,000 miles Anyone else having problems with front tire wear or alignment ? We are are our second set of front tires which have worn down to the cord on the inside edges. After the first set they were replaced at a Toyota dealer and the alignment was done by them only to have the same problem again.

Reply to
Robert Bendett

No, ours has worn the tires evenly. Like many others, we use 42/40 psi to keep the wear even. The front alignment spec is very tight, and it sounds like yours has really bad toe-out. (No inflation problem or driving habit will wear only the inner edges.) A confidence test of alignment can be done by sticking a strip of masking tape across the tread of each front tire and driving down a fairly straight road a mile or two. The way the tape wears is the way the tire will wear.

There's definitely something wrong with your car's front end and it should bbe fixed under the new car warranty.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee