Gas Stability

Prius used infrequently, hence a couple of months between "fill-ups". Any problem with this, & thanks ? Maybe I should try to fill only a fraction of the tank at a time ? What's the safe max "life" of gas in the tank ?

Reply to
Steve Giannoni

If you're worried, use GOOD gas (Shell) and a fuel stabilizer.

Fact: around here, anything other than Shell gas makes lawnmowers run like crap. A car is more resistant to whatever's wrong with the other fuels, but if you really want to give your Prius every chance you can...

Also, consider going up an octane level. Octane actually goes down over time.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Reply to
Steve Giannoni

I disagree on the higher octane thing, the Prius has been known to throw a MIL for misfire codes on higher than 87 R+M/2

Reply to
Daniel who wants to know

The purpose of starting with higher octane is that by the time the tank goes down to empty a couple of months later, it's down to a lower octane level

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty