Hands free Phon and bluetooth

I have the a Bluetooth phone that works great with the on board hands free cell phone capabilities. However, I am not able to up load my contact list from my cell phone. How does one up load the contact list from a cell phone or PDA?

Reply to
Darionw

Try this:

My Nokia also loaded each phone number as a Business Card as in the above link's instructions with the Erickson phone. Couldn't do the entire phone book at once so it made it a long night loading it one by one. Sometimes it may conk out during a upload and you may have to restart the car to get the Bluetooth connection back to continue (and then you may see the same number entered 2 or 3 times).

There is a link to some Toyota site that tells about all the different phones and what features will work and which won't. Mine will not show signal strength on the dash display. :o(

B~

Reply to
B. Peg

What phone do you have? The instructions for the Prius portion is in the navigation system manual, but the instructions for the phone's portion is in the phone's owner's manual. If your carrier is Verizon, don't bother, unless you have a Blackberry, because Verizon has blocked the ability to upload a phone book, except from the Blackberry, to the car.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

It all depends on your phone. Some phones can upload the entire phonebook in one go, some others can only do one number at a time, while others cannot upload any numbers at all.

for published information from Toyota (other than the section of the Prius Navigation Owner's Manual), see:

US TSB EL001-05. May 20, 2005 Revision. BLUETOOTH COMPATIBLE CELLULAR PHONES. 2004-2005 Land Cruiser and Prius. (Lists compatible Bluetooth cellular phones, and functions/features/networks/drawbacks by cellular phone model.)

Motorola RAZR Motorola V80 Motorola V500 Motorola V505 Motorola V551 Motorola V600 Motorola V710 Nokia N-Gage Nokia 3600/3650 Nokia 3620/3660 Nokia 6230 Nokia 6260 Nokia 6310i Nokia 6600 Nokia 6620 Nokia 6650 Nokia 6810 Nokia 6820 Nokia 7600 Nokia 7610 Nokia 9810 Panasonic X70 Sharp GX-15 Sharp GX-30 Siemens S55/56 Siemens S65 Siemens SX1 Sony Ericsson K700i Sony Ericsson P800/900 Sony Ericsson T68i Sony Ericsson T610 & T616 Sony Ericsson T630 Sony Ericsson T637 Sony Ericsson Z600

Nokia 6310i (guide) Sony Ericsson T608/T610 (guide) (older versions of this PDF used to have the Sony Ericsson t68i listed, I think in place of the T608/T610)

BlackBerry 7100g (guide) BlackBerry 7100t (guide) BlackBerry 7290 (Cingular) (guide) BlackBerry 7290 (T-Mobile) (guide) BlackBerry 7520 (Cingular) (guide) Motorola RAZR (guide) Motorola V330 (guide) Motorola V505 (guide) Motorola V551 (guide) Motorola V600 (guide) Nokia 3600 (guide) Nokia 3620 (guide) Nokia 3650 (guide) Nokia 3660 (guide) Nokia 6230 (guide) Nokia 6600 (guide) Nokia 6620 (guide) Nokia 6820 (guide) Nokia 7610 (guide - coming soon) N-Gage QD (Cingular) (guide) N-Gage QD (T-Mobile) (guide) Siemens S56 (guide) Siemens S66 (guide) Sony Ericsson T608 (guide) Sony Ericsson T610 (guide) Sony Ericsson T616 (guide) Sony Ericsson T637 (guide) Sony Ericsson S710a (guide - coming soon)

Reply to
mrv

Sony-Ericson, thus far, makes the only phones that can transfer the entire phone book at once. All other brands will transfer the numbers one at a time.

Also, none of the phones from Verizon can transfer the phone book at all. (But there are only two BT phones from Verizon; the V710 and the e815.)

Reply to
Michelle Steiner