Having fun with Type A drivers

So this evening I was headed home on the access road, 38 mph, when I approached a pair of double-overpasses on the 50 mph limited access or two stop lights. In my rear view mirror, I spotted the "type A" driver who was about to give me an MPG boost.

Now the problem with the Parkway is the on-ramps lead to the base of the overpasses. If one drives as expected, you are accelerating up a grade . . . MPG death. But I knew my "type A" driver would give me cover.

As I pulled on to the 'on ramp,' sure enough, the "type A" driver who had run right up to my rear bumper pulled ahead and on my left up the overpass. Once again, the "type A" had cut me off so I had no choice but to climb the overpass in the far right lane at the most efficient engine power point. . . . Amazing, we both reached the crest of the overpass at nearly the same instant in time but my dear "type A" was at least 10 mph faster.

Within a second or so, we were both on the down grade of the overpass but now my left lane was clear . . . the "type A" was racing off. I simple accelerated to the speed limit on the downgrade and pulled into the lane behind the rapidly departing "type A." Yet we were both very SMUG about our driving.

The "type A" had cut-off the Prius and so the Prius had climbed the overpass in the most fuel efficient power range . . . serendipity!

My MPG indicator showed 59.2 MPG and that is 94% low. The true MPG is

62.75 and a "type A" will pay their ego price at the pump ... soon!

Bob Wilson

Reply to
bwilson4web

Are you saying you wouldn't have otherwise climbed the overpass in the most fuel efficient power range?

If not, why not? Why do you require someone else to force you to do what's right?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

He's a classic type D personality.

Reply to
News

Are you the exception or is everyone in HV a pious sanctimonious fraud?

Your 'WWJD' reference is purely a gratuitous throwaway in this "context".

Reply to
News

Typical type D personality.

Reply to