Headlights go on, dash lights dim?

Threaded View

Recently I have noticed that then I turn on my headlights, the dash
lights and display dim very noticably.  I have an '04 Prius with about
73,000 miles on it and haven't noticed such a difference in the
brightness of the dash light and display before.  Is this an indicator
that my 12 volt battery may be on the way out?

Re: Headlights go on, dash lights dim?

No, it's an indicator that the scroll wheel that sets the dash
brightness has been changed.

--
Support the troops:  Bring them home ASAP.

Re: Headlights go on, dash lights dim?

The dash lights assume that it's dark out when you turn the headlights
on.  Adjust the little thumbwheel and they will brighten up again.

Re: Headlights go on, dash lights dim?

It's an indicator that you've moved the dash light dimmer.

You know, so many people don't actually DRIVE their cars.  Those people
are simply passengers who happen to be in the driver's seat, steering
the wheel.  But knowing about their cars and how their cars behave?
That's too hard...

Re: Headlights go on, dash lights dim?

On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 17:55:43 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"

Is Rosie O'Donnell, your sister?

Re: Headlights go on, dash lights dim?

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 09:40:14 -0500, Tom Ricostronza

LOL.  Shut that babbling Debbie Downer fool up.

Site Timeline