Hybrid Car Sales Rise 81 Percent in U.S.

Doesn't surprise me. Not much else out there by U.S. automakers. Only hybrid cars sold in our town are the Prius and the Honda. Need to wait and see what GM will unveil now that Toyota has licensed their older hybrid technology to them. No doubt it will go in their Saturn line first and maybe their Geo. With Toyota bringing out the Lexus R300h and in 2-3 months the Outback hybrid, they are off to a really strong lead over everyone else. Dunno about the Ford though. I heard it needs a really long extension cord to keep running (not that I had bad luck with Fords }:o( ).

B~

Reply to
B. Peg

I thought that the Geo line had been discontinued a few years ago.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

I thought so, too. The former Geo Prizm and Geo Metro became Chevy Prizm and Chevy Metro, and now the Chevrolet web site doesn't list either as current models.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg