Ice in wheel wells

Both our 2002s have a problem with road ice collecting in the wheel wells. Here the city uses cinders instead of salt, and the gray mush packs hard around all four wheels. It leaves just enough room for the tire to clear, but it rubs at the slightest provocation. I'm thinking maybe I should spray the wheel wells with silicone when it snows. Others must have dealt with this - any experience? And you guys from the warm country can tease me if you want ;-)

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Yeah, slush does like to compact itself up in the wheel wells. If I find myself having problems turning due to the compacted slush, I just pull over and kick the wheel wells - the slush falls out nicely.

Reply to
mrv

In both of ours the ice gets a death grip and I can't even dig it out. Any obvious objection to my silicone spray idea?

Reply to
Michael Pardee