If gas went up to $10/gallon would most people want a Prius?

What price will it take for Americans to get off their addiction to oil?

Reply to
geneccc

Here in the NoEa USA, gas prices certainly don't seem to have slowed down anyone. The usual speeding and rude behavior continues, with women riding high in their SUV's while talking incessantly on their cell phones, while wanna-be cowboys commute in their pristine pickups with all the doodads that point them out as real men, while BMW's jockey for position against Audi's and the rat race continues.

Bankruptcy will be the price.

Reply to
Bob H

I read an article in the business section of a local newspaper just yesterday that said that sales of hybrids are increasing at a rapid rate. It took a while for hybrids to become popular because they are seen by many as unproven technology and the cost of a hybrid is not offset by higher gas prices, but that will change soon due to the rate of the change of gas prices.

Reply to
Shawn Hirn

Well, here in the UK gas IS $10 a gallon and the Prius is still a rare car (less than 8000 on the road last time I enquired). Having said that I am seeing more of them about these days. When I got mine 3 years ago to see another was rare - now it's much more common. Still just as many SUVs, though.

Chas

Reply to
Chas Gill

Keep in mind that the Prius isn't the only hybrid out there. I don't know about the UK, but there are at least six hybrid models spread across different automobile manufacturers. The Prius is the only hybrid that's obviously a hybrid because of its unique body style. The other hybrids are easy to confuse with conventional vehicles.

Reply to
Shawn Hirn