If you were a dealer and had to put a bid...

Hi folks

I have a chance to place a silent bid (not on Ebay) on a 2005 Prius with 100,000KMs (62,000 miles) in excellent condition, what would be a safe amount given that the minimum bid is $11,000CDN ($8,700usd)? I just know dealers will be bidding on this and as much as I would like to get away with an amount close to the minimum, I know I won't win the auction given that dealers know more about what they can pay for it and re-sell afterward. I just want the car for myself, not to turn a profit!

Thanks

Here are the specs:

1.5-litre - 4 cylinders Front wheel drive 4 all-season tires on Toyota alloy rims 4 winter tires on steel rims Cloth seats Power windows Power door locks Power mirrors Power brakes Power steering AM-FM CD Anti-lock Brake System Air Conditioning Automatic transmission Intermittent windsheild wipers Rear window wiper Cruise control Traction control Rear window defroster Airbag / front / 2
Reply to
cheg

Your list of specs is just the standard; I see none of the option package stuff there, this must be a bare-bones Prius.

I don't know what you expect this car to sell for--something close to the retail price, something close to the private sale price, or something close to the trade-in value?

Anyway, this must be a Canadian car, as well.

Here in SE Virginia, a dealer would offer around $12,100 US ($15,200 CDN). I have no idea what a Canadian value on that car would be.

Reply to
Peter Granzeau
Reply to
Michelle Vadeboncoeur